|TSK||Full Life Study Bible|
· Wahai(TB)/wai(TL) <01945> [A.M. cir. 3290. B.C. cir. 714. Woe.]
Bp. Lowth renders, after Bochart, "Ho! to the land of the winged cymbal;" which he thinks is a periphrasis for the Egyptian sistrum; and consequently, that Egypt, "which borders on the rivers of Cush," is the country to which the prophecy is addressed. If we translate "shadowing with wings," it may allude to the multitude of its vessels, whose sails may be represented under the notion of wings.
· Negeri(TB)/negeri(TL) <0776> [the land.]
· dengingan(TB)/bernaungan(TL) <06767> [shadowing.]
· seberang(TB)/tepi(TL) <05676> [which.]
Judul : Nubuat terhadap Etiopia
Perikop : Yes 18:1-7
Catatan Frasa: ETIOPIA.
· mengirim(TB)/menyuruhkan(TL) <07971> [sendeth.]
· perahu-perahu(TB)/sampan-sampan(TL) <03627> [vessels.]
It is well known that the Egyptians commonly used on the Nile a light sort of ships or boats made of the papyrus. See note on Ex 2:3.
· bangsa ............... bangsa(TB)/bangsa .................. bangsa(TL) <01471> [to a nation.]
Or, as Bp. Lowth renders, "stretched out in length and smoothed." Egypt, which is situated between 24 degrees and 32 degrees N. lat. and 30 degrees and 33 degrees E. long., being bounded on the south by Ethiopia, on the north by the Mediterranean, on the east by the mountains of Arabia, and on the west by those of Lybia, is one long vale, 750 miles in length, (through the middle of which runs the Nile,) in breadth from one to two or three day's journey, and even at the widest part of the Delta, from Pelusium to Alexandria, not above 250 miles broad.
· kaum(TB)/bangsa(TL) <05971> [to a people.]
· [Heb. Meted out and trodden down. or, that meteth out and treadeth down. Heb. of line, line, and treading under foot.]
This is an allusion to the frequent necessity of having recourse to mensuration in Egypt, in order to determine their boundaries, after the inundation of the Nile had smoothed their land and effaced their landmarks; and to their method of throwing seed upon the mud, when the waters had subsided, and treading it in by turning their cattle into the fields.
· dilintasi(TB)/diliputi(TL) <0958> [have spoiled. or, despise.]
|18:3 · penduduk(TB)/isi(TL) <03427> [All ye.]||
· menjenguk(TB)/duduk diam-diam ... memandang(TL) <08252 05027> [I will.]
· cuaca(TL) <06703> [like a clear.]
· <0216> [upon herbs. or, after rain.]
· persembahan(TB/TL) <07862> [shall the.]
· tempat(TB/TL) <04725> [to the.]